Disability Benefits Planning & Technical Assistance at the UH Manoa Center on Disability Studies provides access to benefits counseling & education services. We offer trainings, orientations and workshops to agencies, individuals with disabilities, and family members. In addition, we offer personalized benefits planning to individuals receiving federal benefits (Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, Housing, etc.)
Eligibility for Benefits Planning
DVR Benefits Planning Service
Clients of the Hawaii Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) can be referred to benefits planning services through their DVR counselor. For more information about DVR services visit the web sites listed below:
- Hawaii Department of Human Services Web Site
- DVR Employment Training Information
- DVR Contact Information
Individualized benefits planning services from the Hawaii WIPA project are available to individuals who are eligible for Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability benefits AND working, looking for work or thinking about returning to work.
More information is available on our Hawaii WIPA page.
Social Security Express
eServices available at Social Security Express:
- Sign Up for a Social Security Express Account
- Estimate retirement benefits
- Request a replacement Medicare Card
- Get a 1099/1042 tax form
- Appeal a Decision on an Application for Benefits
- Apply for Retirement or Spouse’s Benefits
- Apply for Disablity Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Apply for Extra Help with Medicare Prescription
- Drug Costs
Use the Benefits Finder to search for eligibility and work incentive information for Hawaii’s state and federal disability programs.
Learn more about how Hawaii’s proposed Medicaid Buy-In Program could help workers with a disability who require Medicaid.
For information about upcoming benefits counseling training, visit our Events Calendar.