- This event has passed.
LCC at Palama Settlement| Oahu Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Clinics for Tax Year 2015
February 1, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - March 9, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help generally to people who earn $54,000 and less (for Tax Year 2015). Community volunteers donate their time to help tax clinic participants prepare and file their taxes at no cost. Only certified VITA Tax Preparer volunteers may assist taxpayers in preparing and e-filing their taxes.
LCC at Palama Settlement
810 North Vineyard Blvd.
Mondays & Wednesdays, 3:00pm-5:00pm
Start: 02/01 – End: 03/09
You must bring:
- Current PICTURE Identification
- Original Social Security cards for yourself, spouse, AND anyone being claimed as a dependent;
- Copy of last year’s tax returns if at all possible
- All W-2 Forms showing wages Unemployment Compensation Statements (1099 G);
- SSA-1099 Form if you were paid Social Security benefits;
- All other 1099 Forms showing other income such as interest earned, dividends, independent contractor earnings, and pensions.
- 1099-MISC (independent contractors)
- 1099-R (pension)
- 1099-C (cancellation of debt – but ONLY if the cancellation results from a personal credit debt or the foreclosure of a primary residence)
- PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE.
- Everyone must show proof of health insurance coverage for all of 2015 or establish that they are exempt.
- Taxpayers who claim a dependent are responsible for that dependent’s coverage.
Other information required:
- If you are itemizing deductions, YOUR DEDUCTIONS MUST BE ORGANIZED AND ADDED BY CATEGORIES – Medical/Dental Expenses, Taxes paid, Interest paid, etc. – See a sample of Schedule A
- Child or Dependent Care Provider Information (name, address, and employer ID number or social security number of provider).
- Landlord name, address, and General Excise Tax number if you are claiming the Low Income Renters Credit.
- Student Loans, Scholarship and Tuition fees – including any 1098-T Forms issued to you by the college or university PLUS a print out of your educational account which students can access through their college account.
- Printout must cover both Spring and Fall semesters
- Alimony paid or received.
- All forms indicating other Federal tax payments such as estimated tax payments
- All forms indicating IRA contributions
- Bank information if you are direct depositing your refund