External Web Pages

Links open in a new window.


Reporting Wages for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

If you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and work, you or your representative payee, or deemor (e.g. your ineligible spouse or parent(s) with whom you live) must report gross wages to Social Security. You should consistently report wages during the first six days of the month to help prevent overpayments and underpayments.

Because SSI is a needs-based program for people who are aged, blind, or disabled, the amount you can receive is based, in part, on the income available to you. Generally, the more income available to you, the less the SSI payment will be.

You can report wages by visiting, calling or writing your local Social Security Office. You should ask about our options to use the automated toll-free SSI Telephone Wage Reporting Service or the free SSI Mobile Wage Reporting Smartphone app.

Continue reading, click here.