About the Disability Employment Initiative
The Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) seeks to improve education, training, and employment opportunities and outcomes of youth and adults who are unemployed, underemployed, and/or receiving Social Security disability benefits. DEI projects improve collaboration among employment and training and asset development programs implemented at state and local levels, including the Social Security Administration’s Ticket to Work Program, and build effective partnerships that leverage resources to better serve individuals with disabilities.
Hawaii’s DEI will focus its effort on the following strategies:
- Increase American Job Center (AJC) staff competencies through training on Disability 101, Customized Employment, Career Pathway Systems, Job Accommodation, Asset Development, Individualized Learning Plans, and Disability Benefits Planning.
- Leveraging funding and resources across the public workforce system by meeting with partner agencies to coordinate services.
- Expanding AJC capacity by recruiting individuals with significant disabilities through direct mail and agency partnerships.
- Utilizing career pathway strategies to prepare individuals to obtain and advance employment through industry relevant certifications and higher education.
DEI participants can obtain job services through DLIR Workforce Development Division and other American Job Center Partners.
- Job Search & Placement Assistance
- On the Job Training Opportunities
- Career Pathways Counseling
- Financial Counseling
- Social Security Disability Benefits Planning
- Accessible Computer Use
- Social Security’s Ticket to Work Program
Oʻahu Worklinks (City & County of Honolulu)
Princess Ruth Keʻelikolani Building
830 Punchbowl St., Rm. 112
Honolulu, HI 96813
1505 Dillingham Blvd., Rm. 110
Honolulu, HI 96817
Waipahu Civic Center
94-275 Mokuola St., Rm. 300
Waipahu, HI 96797
Waianae Neighborhood Community Center
85-670 Farrington Hwy., Rm. 6
Waianae, HI 96792
Hauʻula Civic Center (limited services)
54-010 Kukuna Street
Hauʻula, HI 96717
2064 Wells St., Ste. 108
Wailuku, HI 96793
Molokaʻi (limited services)
55 Makaena Pl., Rm. 4
Kaunakakai, HI 96748
Telephone: (808) 984-2091
Big Island Workplace Connection
1990 Kinoʻole St., Suite 102
Hilo, HI 96720
Kona (limited services)
74-5565 Luhia St., Bldg. C Bay 4
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
4444 Rice St. #302
Līhuʻe, HI 96766