The Hawaii Benefits Tool is an online information and referral tool that can provide guidance to workers with disability on the impact of work on their benefits. The tool will provide information on the treatment of earned income by a variety of benefits programs and how to utilize program rules that provide incentives for work.
Features will include:
- Analysis of the impact of work income on SSI and SSDI benefits.
- Analysis of the impact of work income on Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP and housing assistance eligibility.
- Customized information on work incentive rules based on the user created profile.
- Referral to agencies that can assist in utilizing work incentives.
- Tutorial videos to assist first time users.
The tool is currently under development and will begin a closed testing period in 2014. If you would like to take part in testing, contact the Site Administrator for more information.